Painting on food? Yes, we did just that in Kitchen Kids summer camp yesterday and it was delicious.
You’re not going to believe how easy this is and how much fun the kids had creating and, of course, eating their artwork.
You’ll need: white bread (shows the colors more vividly), milk, neon food colors, paintbrushes, bowls
- Preheat oven. I set my oven on broil.
- Pour milk in to a bowl and add a few drops of food coloring to it. Mix.
- Place two slices of bread on a plate.
- Use the paintbrushes and colorful milk mixture to create beautiful works of art.
- Transfer bread to baking pan and place in the oven.
- Watch carefully if you set your oven to broil. It doesn’t take very long to toast.
- Let cool for a minute or two and then enjoy!
Add a rainbow to your day. One bite at a time.