My kids absolutely l-o-v-e the Love Monster books (Rachel Bright).
They think he’s cute and so, naturally, they can relate to him. In Love Monster and the Perfect Present, he searches for the perfect gift to give. Finally, he’s got an idea — to make something out of items he already has. The kids take his cue and create adorable crafts and sweet cards to take home.
I, too, am inspired by Love Monster and make heart crayons as my Valentine’s Day gifts to them.
Visit joann.com for your silicone heart mold, and start collecting crayons.
How to make Valentine’s Day Crayon Hearts:
- Preheat your oven to 200ºF.
- Peel any paper off the crayons.
- Slice crayons into smaller pieces.
- Place crayons into silicone mold.
- Bake until the waxes have melted (15-20 minutes).
- Remove the hearts after they’ve cooled.
- Package and give to your little love monsters.