The kiddos are going to l-o-v-e this floam recipe. It’s easy, incredibly stretchy and edible. Yep, edible.
I found this Gummy Bear Floam activity while researching gobs of slime, goo, and floam recipes. I’ll admit, I wasn’t quite sure about this one. But, we tried it the other day, and WOW!
You’ll love it, too, since you only need a few ingredients and it’s quick to make. Think of all the skills they’ll be working on — sorting, counting, measuring, mixing, predicting, comparing, contrasting and waiting. Added bonus – the building of hand muscles and fine motor skills.
Edible Gummy Bear Floam
You need: gummy bears, pearl candy sprinkles, microwave-safe bowls, craft sticks, wax paper, cooking oil spray
- Sort gummy bears by color (1 cup per kid).
- Place in microwave-safe bowls.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat one more time.
- Let it cool for two minutes.
- Add sprinkles. Mix. (VERY sticky at this point)
- Spray wax paper with cooking oil spray.
- Dump mixture onto wax paper.
- Grease hands with spray, too.
- Ready to play! And, eat.
Science. One bite at a time.